Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The good. The bad. The ugly. And the rest.

The good -

Right this second I am sitting at a reception desk at the Warner Bros Studio's Motion Picture Imaging Building, where I am working this week. It was pretty cool to get that call yesterday and it shows that things can change in an instant, where I thought I was returning to a vast wasteland of joblessness, I can save the drama. ;-) Everyone here has been really nice, and even though I do things tentatively the first time I do them, I pick up on details pretty quickly. I wanted to roam around Stars Hollow for a bit before I went back to work but there was a crew setting something up for something - pretty interesting.

Also, reception means I can jot down notes for my new writing project - see "The ugly" below. I bet you're already dying to know what it is.

Also, I decided to adopt a "life is good" policy. Or for some of you, I've decided to become another person altogether. I'm in a position where I can really love my life, and I'm going to do it. Ha!

The movie "Paper Heart" looks really good, I really want to see it. I love Michael Cera, and quirky comedies, and mockumentaries. Plus I'm totally one of those posers that wants to be like, "I saw Paper Heart, it was in Sundance. The film festival. It's so deep!" I eat peanut butter and fluff sandwiches. But I do eat them on whole wheat, so what's in a name, ya know?

I just returned from a trip to Boston, which was really good. Good to see family, and good to see friends. It's nice to be home when I can, and I do miss everyone. I saw my friend Andrea get married to Mark, the man we nicknamed "Husband" since day 1. It was a beautiful wedding and a great reception. They named each table after a place significant in their relationship, my friends and I sat at "Hugh O'Neils", which was the location of part of their first date, and also where we all nicknamed him Husband, later. EXCITED FOR THEM BOTH!!!

I'm tired of blogging. I'll continue with the bad and the ugly tomorrow...

No comments: