Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Ugly...

Heyo,

I just want to elaborate on "the bad" a bit more, since the fallout of the bad made it hard to sleep the night before I wrote the post, and therefore, made it hard to read the post. But ya, I can't keep an air bed for the life of me. A friend of mine is insisting that I must claw my bed in my sleep, or that perhaps I go to bed in a suit of armor. But last night I had a restful sleep. It was awesome.

Now, onto the ugly - and this is not about the pimples which sprout on my face on occasion. This is about my venture into the field of stand up comedy. Yes, I am writing stand up which I also have to perform, and I need to do this by Halloween, because that's the deadline I've given myself.

I love to make people laugh, I love to say things that people think are funny, but I realize how hard it is to write a real true joke. It's really hard. I can put lines into the mouth of Dwight Schrute like it's nobodies business, but when it comes to me myself getting on a stage and dazzling all with my wit, I barely know how to begin. So I am writing and I'll do it, and hopefully after I do it, I keep doing it, and hopefully the practice will make me good at it. But for me, this is a pretty ugly thing I'm getting into.

There will be a post entitled "The Rest" soon...but I hope you are enjoying my blogness.

No comments: