Friday, July 2, 2010

Year Two - An Ex-pose-ay! (Part 1, the "But Seriously, Folks" portion)

A friend of mine asked me what I think has changed about me in the two years I've been in LA. These sort of questions, the kind that make me shine a light directly into my own life and see what's shiny and what's still dirty...ultimately make me nervous. I feel like whatever I have changed maybe isn't as great as I thought, and what is discovered is the ways I have to go to get to where I am headed.

So let's think about how I have changed in these two years...

I think I have ultimately grown a lot more patient, and now feel, even amidst various struggles in life, a quiet calm among the chaos. It's very new, and thank God for it.

I am learning how to confidently enter new situations. This might be easier from temping so often, I'm always thrown with a new boss, and have to learn to communicate with them. Plus, in new situations and friendships, I just want to get to a deeper level and build authentic trust, and that comes with time and comes with more confidence.

I am becoming more confident in my role as a Christian, that is, in living my faith, seeking His voice, and being obedient to what He wants me to be doing. That being said, I will be co-leading and assisting a new group at my church for new believers, people coming back to the faith, or just people who want to brush up on the basics. I spoke aloud about it being a necessity and found out such a thing was about to emerge and I was able to volunteer to help with it. I am very excited.

I can more clearly see myself for who I am and what I have to offer and share.

I am eager and hungry to perform comedy, which I thought would give me terrible stage-fright.

There is still, and will always be, opportunity to grow, and learn and experience new things, and I am still a work in progress, but its amazing to see how I have really changed in these two years.

I wonder what year 3 will bring?

No comments: